Monday, March 17, 2008

Introduction Post - Well, Hello There!

Hello, welcome to my new blog Get Thee to a Punnery. I've wanted to start a book blog for ages and ages so I finally bit the bullet. No more procrastination; the time has come for me to write.

Here's the thing - I read quite a bit. According to the Associated Press, one in four Americans didn't read at all in 2006. I wish a) I had a more current statistic and b) that it was a Canadian statistic but this will have to do.

My goal in writing this blog is to discuss the books I read and other aspects of reading culture. I think literacy is tremendously important and I will always be an advocate for it. I also think I don't reflect very much on books. A lot of what I read is interesting but once I'm done the book I generally move onto the next one. By writing reviews I'll also help formulate my own thoughts on the books that I'm reading as opposed to pushing them to the back of my mind.

Currently I'm reading the following books: I am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert, The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, and Not Wanted on the Voyage by Timothy Findley. You can see why I don't really think much about books after I have finished reading them. I generally have several others on the go at the same time!

If you've just come across my blog, welcome to it. I hope you enjoy what you see!

No comments: